Monday, April 24, 2006

Homeschool Prom 2006


Tim II went to his first prom on Friday night. They had about 180 homeschoolers attend. Prom talk started about 6 months ago and I wasn't sure what to expect. One minute he was going and one minute he wasn't going. The kids from his co-op are a great bunch of friends. It just made sense that they would all go together as a group. We have two great moms - Mazie and Susie that pulled this all together. They did a few car washes to cover half of their tickets and some of the cost of a limo. We got the tux. We were finally ready for him to go. I thought about it a lot the week leading up to him going. I so hoped he would have a good time, but you just never know. I remember Tim and I going to a dance in our freshman year. It was okay, but not a grand time my any means. I am happy we have the pictures from it because we were so young. I called Tim II at midnight to see if they were heading to Perkins to eat. I was going to meet the other moms that chaperoned. I asked him if he had a good time. I was holding my breath... I so wanted him to have a good time. The next thing I heard was, "Mom, we had SO MUCH FUN! It was so great! We danced our booties off! You could feel the floor rocking!" YES! That is what I wanted to hear! I was so happy! God is Good!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. I think the theme for your scrapbook should be something like People Magazine; like you went to interview celebrity Timmy Clayton.