Friday, April 14, 2006

Today is my birthday!


Well, today is my birthday and in case you are really, really wondering it is my 34th birthday! It just so happens that my birthday is Good Friday, so I didn't have to go to work today. Usually, I go to work on Monday and Friday morning. I lucked out on that one. My birthday has me pondering my life. On my 30th birthday, I vowed to lose weight. I did that again on my 31st, 32nd (okay, not my 32nd cuz I was pregnant)and my 33rd. I guess I will keep the vow, but I am beginning to think that this is what 3 kids has handed me! So, hmmm... today is my birthday. It makes me think of the NOGGIN song that they play at the end of each NOGGIN day. www.noggin.com/shows/movemusic.php You can check this wonderful song out at this link! I have been singing it for weeks and then I tell the kids - well it is NOT my birthday YET! Maybe I need to step away from NOGGIN! Well, on my birthday, I am thinking about how good things are. I have a wonderful family, I have a great job that allows me to homeschool, I live in a nice house, I have a little money in the bank, I am in good health (except for the pesky foot thing), I have friends and my list could go on and on. ((Knocking on good here!!!)) God has certainly blessed me. I pretty much like who I am at this moment - except that darn weight thing! So, tonight, my family is coming over for Chinese food and brownies with ice cream. It should be fun... you can't go wrong with take out and brownies, now can you? My mom is treating us - she is great! I guess I should thank her for having me or we all wouldn't have this wonderful opportunity to pig out! I will post more after my "party".
Well...
Today is your birthday
We're so glad you came along
Today is your birthday,
So we're singing you this song
One year older
One year bigger
Wow, you've really grown a lot!
One year older
One year smarter
There's no telling when you'll stop!
Today is your birthday
We're so glad you came along
Today is your birthday,
And we're singing you this song

No comments: