Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My Life Monday on Tuesday

The topic for the week is your favorite childhood toy. This is an easy one for me. I instantly thought of my dolls. I loved baby dolls. Santa brought me a new baby doll every Christmas. One Christmas when I was about 7 - my dd's age, I got a baby doll named Soft-A-Tina or something like that. I know her name was Tina and I remember something about Softa in my mind! She was the size of a real life 6 month old baby. Now, Santa, did not just bring this great doll... he brought all the accessories. I got a 70's style diaper bag - you know the hard sided one with the flip up tops? It was filled with real baby clothes (later I learned there was a fun visit to the thrift store to find these clothes), a real snowsuit, and finally a REAL UMBRELLA STROLLER! I can still remember how excited I was. Some people say they wanted to be a vet, zoologist, doctor, actress, etc when they were little. I always said I wanted to be a Mommy. I loved my doll. I got her all dressed to go to my aunt's for Christmas brunch. I was her momma! I would think there is a picture of her somewhere, but my mom has taken most of our childhood photos hostage for special albums. So, that would be my favorite childhood toy.

No comments: