Wednesday, July 05, 2006

White Wheat Hot Dog Buns


Yes, my title does say White Wheat Hot Dog Buns. This is something I am excited about, so I feel the need to blog about it. When Savannah was a baby, she quit nursing and would not drink any form of milk. Soon after, I found White Wheat Sandwich Bread. This bread has calcium in it. It is also more healthy than regular white bread. Please don't write me and tell me that I should be only giving my kids whole wheat bread and even better yet, that I should be grinding the grain and baking it myself. My family won't eat whole wheat bread, so I found something in between that is at least slightly more healthy. Back to the hot dog buns... Savannah had like 5 foods she would eat when she was younger and hot dogs were one of those. I would make her eat it with a slice of bread because my logic was that at least she was getting the calcium from the slice of bread. She was not really happy because she would have preferred a bun, but I was a mean mom. So, yesterday, I was in Sam's Club buying bbq supplies and I found these White Wheat Hot Dog and Hamburger Buns. Sure enough they have more calcium and all the other good stuff compared to the regular buns! I was so happy! Oh and please don't write me and tell me how bad hot dogs are either. I will just put my fingers in my ears and sing La, La, La, I can't hear you!

No comments: