Wednesday, August 30, 2006

RV - Could it be a 2006 match for National Lampoon's Vacation?


I guess I am going to get into the movie review business on my blog now. We have that Blockbuster In the Mail deal. I have no idea how many movies we have watched since we joined nearly 2 years ago. Let's just say it has been A LOT of movies. I think one in every 5 or 6 movies is pretty decent. That is a whole lot of not so wonderful movies. I clicked on RV with Robin Williams and popped it into my queue. I couldn't remember if it had good reviews or not, but there hasn't been a whole lot of new dvd's that we could watch with Savannah. It came in the mail on Monday, I think. It laid on the counter. Can you feel the enthusiasm in watching another movie that may or may not be good? The last movie we watched was Final Destination 3... I could have lived without ever seeing that. Tim comes home from work tonight and says that he would like to let Savannah stay up late when she gets home from AWANA so they can watch this movie. Sounded like a great idea to me... another perk of homeschooling - no early morning wake up for her. Savannah got her blankie and I got my blankie. Sebastian actually laid down and went to sleep without me having to even go back in once. I was happy even if I thought the movie was probably going to be dumb. Then it happened... we were laughing in the first few minutes and again a few minutes later and pretty much through the whole thing. Sure, some of it is just plain corny and goofy, but it was funny. Oddly enough there were several incidents in the movie that we have actually lived through a few camping trips! I don't remember how old I was when the original National Lampoon's Vacation came out. I am not talking about the Christmas or European one. I am talking about the one where they all go to Wally World. My friends and I thought that movie was hysterical. I still think it is funny when I flip through and find it on cable on a Saturday afternoon. My sister-in-law, Jessica, had never seen it. I told her she was deprived and bought it for her for Christmas. I mean who wouldn't laugh about "Dead Aunt Edna" on the roof? When we had several mishaps on our Florida Keys vacation a few years back, we kept calling it our "Griswald's Vacation. I don't know if I can give RV the very top rating on funny, but it really was funny and I enjoyed it. It had a really good message. One I should probably take. It was about being with your family and that doesn't mean it has to be a fancy trip. I have been lucky enough to take a few really nice trips with Tim these last two years and part of us wants to take our kids on a really nice trip in the next year or two. Then it occurred to me that we STILL haven't taken Savannah camping and she will be 8 years old soon. It sure gives me something to think about! Anyway, if you have Blockbuster in the Mail or Netflix, add RV to your queue. If you don't, drop by the rental store and pick it up. It is a fun movie and I think worth watching at least once! Enjoy!

No comments: