Wednesday, August 09, 2006

This child does not play with TOYS...

I know I have not been blogging as much, but I really plan to get back at it. I think all the illness is gone and I think I have a somewhat clearer head now. So, on with it... Over the last few days I have really noticed that my little boy does not play with toys. Actually, I have known this for a a long time, but have noticed more these last few days. We have a nice little area where we keep lots of age appropriate things. You know the light up, bells and whistles, board books, cars, etc. He rarely ever looks at these things. I have tried the switching out a different batch every month or so to make him think they are new. It doesn't really work for him. He does, however, love anything that is real. He likes pots and pans, phones, remotes, dishes, craft supplies, keys, printer paper, pens, dvds, cds, etc. He will spend time plotting how he can get to something and make a mad dash off with it. I am pretty happy that I can put my hand out and say, "Please" and he usually gives it to me. Another good thing is that he is a little fanatic about putting things back. Even though we pulled all those pans out of the cupboard, he also put them all back. (Okay, so they were backwards, upside down and thrown in there) They were still put back. Oh and in the first picture he is ACTUALLY PLAYING with TOY TOOLS. I only suspect he did this because he believes he can take something apart with those tools. Here is a little photo album of what Sebastian does to entertain himself!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My suggestion: Go online to buy the real working "toy vacuum." And by golly give him a swifter duster brush! ;-) That at least gives you a chance to not bother with the low areas. LOL!