Sunday, September 10, 2006

Cutting the grass and Sparkpeople...


Today is the second Sunday that I have gone out to cut the grass. About 4 years ago, I used to cut the grass, but then I got pregnant with Sebastian. At that time, cutting the grass was supposed to be Tim II's job. He whined about it all the time and each weekend I dreaded reminding him to cut the grass. One day I decided I would just do it and have him fold all of the laundry instead. The funny thing is that he preferred folding the laundry and I actually liked cutting the grass. I should mention he didn't mind folding the laundry because he would turn on the gaming channel and fold away. I liked cutting the grass because it was "quiet". Yes, I know the lawn mower is loud, but somehow it is quiet. Nobody is talking to me or asking me to do something. Like I said... I only quit because I got pregnant. I didn't start back up after I had Sebastian because Sebastian is pretty much attatched to me most of the time. Are you saying, get to the point... what are Sparkpeople? Sparkpeople is a website dedicated to losing weight the healthy way. I have never done Weight Watchers, but it sort of reminds me of it. You don't count points like Weight Watchers - instead you count actual calories, fat, carbs and protein. They have tons of foods already in the menu, but you can easily add what you don't find. They also have sample menus. It also has a nifty little glass of water that you fill up as you drink your 8 glasses a day. That is the nutrition tab part. Next there is a fitness tab. That has strength training and cardio exercise parts. You get to choose how much or how little you would like to work out. The program takes your weight, height, weight loss goal and exercise commitment and figure out what range of calories, fat, carbs, and protein you should intake in a day. I hope I am writing this right. I only started on this 12 days ago and I really have no idea how well it will work. I think I have lost 2lbs so far, but I have not been weighing because I don't think that is the best thing for me. Okay, what does this have to do with cutting the grass? One of the cardio activities they have on there is cutting the grass. It takes me 35 minutes to cut the grass and according to this it says I have burned 189 calories. I decided this was something I could count on doing each week and I like it better than a work out video. Oh and I saw my neighbor lady cutting her grass today and I had to wonder if she had found Sparkpeople too! One last thing... this is a FREE SITE - if you join - use Claytontk as your referral. I get sparkpoints - they don't really count as anything - just a online contest to keep you motivated.

No comments: