Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween 2006

Halloween was a particular busy one this year. Most years we just go to the city celebration on the weekend and then Tim and I would take the younger ones trick-or-treating. NOT THIS YEAR!!! We were super busy! I have written about the great group of homeschool friends we have made over the past year or so. We have joined our kids together for lots of things and Halloween was no exception. Saturday night our city does a Halloween carnival sort of thing. Lucky for me it is walking distance from our house. We had everyone meet here and head on up to that. They have trick or treating for the kids and then you get an armband for the jumping air rides. It was a full night and my friend took pictures, but I haven't gotten them emailed to me yet. When I do, I will post some. It was sure fun. The next night - Sunday - we went to a Trunk or Treat event at a local church. The kids went round and round and round getting candy. Savannah won 10 free games of bowling in the raffle. We are going to take her brownie troop with that. Sebastian had a blast! He soon figured out they were putting CANDY in his bucket. He was so excited. He held my hand and walked around like a trooper. Monday night, Savannah had a friend over to visit and then Tuesday night was Halloween. We carved on pumpkin on Halloween afternoon. Some teenage boy, who shall remain nameless, let the rechargable batteries for my camera die completely. So, I couldn't take pictures of Savannah carving her pumpkin. We had everyone coming to meet in our neighborhood to go out together. By the time we set out the door, we had something like 18 HOMESCHOOLED kids ages 2 to 17 and 5 adults. How it that for poor, undersocialized homeschoolers? It was slightly overwhelming, but fun. Sebastian walked the entire neighborhood the first time around one side, then he stayed home with daddy while we finished the rest of the houses. Candy, candy, candy!!! We have so much of it and I have been doing so well with my Sparkpeople. I think I may have to make my kids eat it all up so it will be out of my house. I know, I know, I could throw it away, but it is chocolate... that seems so very wrong. It was a busy, whirlwind of doing and going, but oh so much fun! I am sure a Halloween that will be remembered for many years to come.

No comments: