Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Bay News 9 Field Trip


Today we got to take a tour of our local 24 hour news network. It was actually pretty interesting and smaller than I thought it would be! I don't know why I envisioned some huge television studio, but I did. We got to tour all of the facilities and meet some of the anchors. I think the most surprising thing I learned was that this particular network uses different cameras then what we normally see on the news. We walked down a hall and on one side was a glass window to the studio with the anchor desk. The anchor is in there alone. The cameras are operated remotely from this room on the otherside of the hall. We could look in on that room through a glass window too. There were all sorts of controls and there was a main one that looked to have a bunch of Playstation gaming controls. That is how they move and operate the camera. This person also controls the music and sound effects. It just seemed strange to not have the camera person in the studio the way we normally see that on tv. If you ever get a chance to do this type of tour, I highly recommend it! It was fun and informative!

No comments: