Thursday, December 14, 2006

More packing and stuff...

This past week I just decided to declare Christmas Break from school. I had originally planned on doing school this week. We really should be doing school this week if we want to be done by May, but other things came up. On Mondays, Savannah has been going to my mom's in the morning to do piano, geography, cooking or crafts with her. This Monday it was more of an afternoon date than morning, so I just decided to give in and call it time for break. I have Christmas packages to get ready to mail, fudge to make, oh and two handmade Christmas presents to make (I am really dragging my feet on those!) I did get all of the packages wrapped, labeled and ready to mail. I did make one batch of fudge, but I still need to make at least 3 more - probably more like 4. Really, though, my mind and work seems to keep going to packing up things. I packed up all of our bedroom knick knacks. Then I tackled my "farm room". This room is our computer room. Tim put shelves up for me years ago that have collected tons of things I like from empty glass bottles to all sorts of cows. It is a VERY FULL room. Five boxes of knick knacks! As I was carrying the boxes out to the shed for storage today I was trying to figure out why I was so stuck on boxing all my stuff up. I mean we aren't really listing our house for sale until late spring probably. I packed the living room, kitchen and dining room stuff because I was painting. It just made sense that if I had to take it down to paint, I may as well pack it. I am not painting the other rooms, but somehow I felt I needed to pack up the things. Obviously, I needed to get rid of some of the clutter to make it show better, but I don't think that is it. It started to dawn on me that maybe by packing and making my house LOOK like we will be moving - that somehow it would really sink in that we WILL be moving. Right now it feels like a whole lot of "ifs" and "whens" and not "absolutes". Timmy came in to the computer room and saw I had packed it. He was visibly sad. It hurts my heart to see him feel that way, but I do understand. Maybe, somehow, if we have a few months of visual cues that will help with the emotional ones. I don't know for sure, but I guess that is why I am packing instead of making fudge. Tim will be off for two weeks at the end of this week. He will be working on our big walk in closet/laundry room construction for a huge part of that time. I think I will start weeding through books and narrowing down what we will take with us. Then I think it will be time to clean out the toy stash - a good time with new toys coming in. I won't be too busy to get myself into the Christmas spirit though. Savannah and I have already been doing some advent activities and I hope to do a few more too. Afterall... it is our last Christmas in this house... we have to make some memories.

No comments: