Saturday, January 13, 2007

Friday Feast (late)

Feast One Hundred & Twenty Six

Appetizer
What comes to mind when you see the color orange?

An orange as in the fruit... I know - boring, but that is what comes to mind.

Soup
Did you ever get in trouble while you were in school? If so, what was it for?

The very first time I ever got in trouble, I was in first grade. I should say WE got in trouble. My best friend, Patty (who now goes by Tricia) and I always walked to school together. We lived just down the street from school. It was not far at all. When the freezing cold of an Illinois winter set in, her mom insisted on driving us to school. Her mom had an older car - read junker car. You know the kind where you have to go out and start it and leave it running while you get ready to go? That was part of the problem. The other part of the problem was Kristi. This is Patty's younger sister. She was about 2 at the time. She was a pain! She wouldn't eat her breakfast or get her hair brushed or anything. We used to crawl under the table and struggle to get her shoes on. When we finally would get out to the car (that had been warming up forever) it would die! This made us late for school A LOT! After so many times, we were sent to Mr. Krawl's office (the principal). He gave us a stern look and immediately went into the "You absolutely cannot keep dawdling on your way to school" speech. We immediately began to cry big buckets of tears. I am talking like hysterical crying. Give us a break - we were like 6 years old. We finally did manage to tell him it was because of her mom's car and he sort of chuckled at us and sent us back to class. That was the end of it. I am happy to say I didn't get in trouble in school until high school and that is a whole other story for a whole other day.

Salad
Which topping(s) make up your perfect pizza?

Extra Cheese, Italian Sausage, and MUSHROOM - much to many people's dismay - I love mushrooms!

Main Course
Do you believe in UFOs/aliens/etc.? Why or why not?

I really don't know. I guess I don't if I don't have a strong opinion, but then I think that I really do believe that anything could be possible. So, it is back to I don't know.

Dessert
What color is your bedspread/comforter/quilt?

It is white with pale purple blocks and slight floral here and there. Of course, there is a story behind it. I had a quilt that I loved, but it wore out. Tim knew he was getting a small bonus from work and decided to surprise me with shopping for a new bedset with it. We went out shopping and I was so lucky to find this queen comforter on clearance for something like $12! It was a crazy price. And one aisle over were the perfect lavender sheets to go with it. They were like $90 sheets on clearance for $30. We were way under budget and got a set I love!

No comments: