Monday, February 19, 2007

My friend, Michelle, and her toilet paper roll...




I have this friend named Michelle. Once a month I go to her house for a scrapbooking night. It is a highlight of my month. It is the only real night that I am sure I will go out without kids each month. I called Michelle way back in December of 2004. I had just had Sebastian and was feeling a little bit of postpartum depression coming on. I kept thinking that I just needed *something* to make me feel a little better. Then it came to me... Michelle had this scrapbooking night. It took me a little while to get the courage to just call her up and INVITE myself, but I finally did it. I have been going ever since. I think I have only missed one month since then. Anyway, Michelle and her hubby have been adding a bathroom to their master bedroom. It is a very nice bathroom. I should have taken a picture of it, but I didn't. Sorry. It is cozy bathroom so there was not a lot of space for the traditional toilet paper holder. They opted for a stand alone one to put under their sink to save on space. She brought it out to show us and insisted this was something I must blog about. See... she found a compromise to the question of which way should the toilet paper hang - over or under? She believes - as do I - that it should hang over. Recently, she knew that she had put the roll on the "correct" over way. She came in on to find it the "wrong" under way. She was like, "Huh, who the heck changed my roll?" AHA! Then she realized that with this free standing pedastal that you can turn it around to go either way. So, whichever way is your "correct" way - just flip it around and you can be happy. Clear as mud, huh? Here are my first pictures with my camera phone. The first is a little blurry... sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just catching up on your blog and found myself!

too funny.

I like the word cozy. :)

--Michelle