Friday, March 16, 2007

Fixing house progress - painting the pool...

Doesn't the empty pool look YUCKY? Gross!
See his lid headlight on his head? He loves this thing for working at night. He also bought the spotlights a few months ago so he could work in the dark! He is nocturnal!




Here it is with a pretty blue color! Much better!

A few weeks ago we got the pool ready to paint. I tried to drain it one afternoon by myself and couldn't figure out the filter thing. I spent HOURS trying to get it to drain and finally gave up. Tim comes home and turns this valve I never knew was there and poof! It drains in a couple hours. The next night we get the paint and tape and other stuff. I put the kids to bed around 9:30 that night and was getting ready to watch a movie. Tim had taped off the tile earlier that evening and he asks if I want to sit on the swing while he does all the cutting in. Then he was like - or do you wanna help me get this painted and done in a few hours? What? It is like 10pm! I decide what the heck. Might as well get it done. We started painting around 10:30pm and and were done between 1am and 1:30am. It was actually a great time to do it. It was cool out and the kids were out of the way. We had a lot of fun getting it done too! Tim said he wished he could do all the house projects at that time of night. Too bad it isn't always practical. Now the pool is a pretty blue color. I went to vacuum it this week and broke a piece of the filter. Tim is going to ban me from touching the filter ever again. Hopefully, he will fix it this weekend and it will be all done!

No comments: