Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The BIG BOY BED...

You can't keep me in this cage anymore! HA! HA! HA!

Last week, you may recall, I talked about starting to potty train. When I had that brilliant (not) idea in my head - I realized that meant we had to take Sebastian out of his crib. After all, how would he get to the potty if he was stuck in his crib? I have never had to deal with this particular situation before. Timmy and Savannah NEVER stayed in their crib till they were nearly 3 years old. They had both climbed out about 18 months old. By the time we started potty training, they had been in regular beds for quite some time. I do believe having to get rid of the crib was another in the long list of reasons I was not in a hurry to potty train. What sane mother actually takes her child out of a crib? I mean c'mon - they have to stay put where they are in a crib! I so completely didn't want to get rid of that crib. I thought it would mean the end of nap time and then bedtime would be a battle too. I kept using the moving excuse. We will buy him a bed when we move. I don't know how many times I said that. Then I decided we don't seem to be moving as quickly as I thought. I started to whine to my mom that I really didn't want to buy him a bed only to have more furniture to move. Then my mom pointed out that I had a perfectly usable trundle bed stored under Savannah's bed. I kid you not... I had never even thought about it. I am just a whining away about how I am broke and I don't need to be spending money on a bed before we move. Then I was whining about how I couldn't just put his crib mattress on the floor because the house needed to be "staged" for realtor showings. My mom just so quietly tells me about the trundle bed. Duhhhh... Why couldn't I think of that? I then remembered that I had seen a Thomas the Train bedding set at Ross for a bargain. I ran out and found the comforter for a wonderful $15. I had to go to a second Ross where I found his sheets for $12. What a deal! We brought them home and washed them. Tim took the crib apart and I set it out in the garbage. We got Sebastian ready for bed that night and he proceeded to bug his sister like crazy. I was so tempted to run back out to the trash and get the crib back! The next day at nap time, I was sure he wouldn't just lay down and go to sleep, but he did! Bedtime has been on and off with him. He does much better if I stagger bedtimes for Savannah and him. I just can't move soon enough for them to have their own rooms. We have the 4th bedroom, but none of Savannah's bedding matches it. I can't just put her in there since that whole house for sale staging thing. Hopefully not much longer and they will be in their own rooms. Hooray!
Just kicking back in my cool new bed!

Yes, my shirt is very wet... that is because my other favorite thing to do is play in the sink making messes with water!

No comments: