Saturday, September 15, 2007

My poor, little, ARTICULATE daughter...

Savannah is sick. She was at her friend's house last night when she started to throw up. She got home and got into her new pj top and recently sewn pj bottoms (way to go MOM!). I got her a bucket and she went to bed. This morning I could hear her whimpering on the baby monitor. I went in to check on her. She whimpered, "Mom, I am TOO DEHYDRATED for my legs to work. I need to get more water for HYDRATION. My legs just won't work CORRECTLY if I don't get more HYDRATION." Now, while I am very pleased that she knew what this meant, I was a little taken back. Of course, her dramatic presentation only added to it! I am pretty sure when I was around 9 years old and sick - the only words I had were "I am sick or my tummy hurts, etc." I guess I could say that my kids talk like this because they are homeschooled, but I am pretty sure it is because we have cable. I think they get a ton of this vocabulary from Discovery Kids, Animal Planet, TLC, etc. As I just typed that... Savannah tuned into Discovery Kids. She must need some more new vocabulary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. Derek wrote a rough draft today on something that happened to him. He used the phrase, "the adrenelin rushed in my vanes" (The spelling is his too). LOL!