Friday, November 02, 2007

My "almost" finished kitchen...

When we were in South Carolina last week, we attempted to finish our kitchen. We made a good team. Tim couldn't raise his arm to do his usual install of the doors on his own. I decided that I could give it a try. 34 doors and drawers later - I was done! He held some of them up for me to make it a lot easier. Then he put all the knobs on. We still have to put the kick boards and crown moulding in, but that had to wait for him to be able to get down on the ground. I am so incredibly happy with the way this kitchen has turned out. We actually installed the same cabinets in the SC house as we have in my FL house, but the counters make it look even better. Plus there is just a lot more room. We did go with the Silestone Kona Beige counter tops and I am glad we did! My very favorite thing is the sort of bar that we have on the far side of the kitchen. I can't wait to bake lots of good stuff and prepare it there! Very cool! Now if we could just move in and use my new kitchen. Oh, btw, if you want to see the before pictures click here.







No comments: