Thursday, June 26, 2008

Big Camping Trip 2008...

I am day late on this post. Sorry. Last weekend, almost the whole family, (my mom and sister didn't go) went camping in Table Rock, SC. I think there were 21 of us and 4 campsites. They all left before Tim and me because Tim had to work till 6pm. Everyone had different directions and no cell phone service. Tim and I began our camping adventure getting lost. We found another person that was lost, but knew where we needed to go. Thankfully. We arrived and found our tent all put together because we have great family. The first night was not that great. The air mattress had a leak, so I ended up sleeping in the car. It wasn't that bad though. The next day we hung around the campground and the kids swam in the lake. It was relaxing. Tim, Sebastian and I headed to Walmart for an air mattress. We missed the close Walmart and drove about a half hour too far. Oh well, Sebastian got a great nap. We came back to make hamburgers, hot dogs and s'mores. My loving family was taking bets that we ate at a restaurant while we were out. WE DID NO SUCH THING! The nerve! =P I learned to play Hearts with Karen, Jennifer and Laurie. I had a lot of fun just hanging out with them. That night we slept well. On Saturday, we headed to some little shops by our campground. There was a very nice lady there that did glass work. I bought myself the most beautiful cross that she made. While we were there, she talked a lot with my kids. Tim II shared his desire to go into the army for medical training. She had a good bit of stories to share about the service and her medical job. As we were getting ready to leave, she gave Tim II a glass cross. She told him to take it with him to comfort and watch over him. I had to hold back the tears. She was just so sweet. She kept telling me she knew how hard it was for a momma to let him go. I am so glad we made that stop. It was a highlight to my trip. Next up, we went to Jones Gap State Park to hike to a waterfall. It was SUPPOSED to be about a mile up to it. Ummm... it was more like 2.5 miles. Sebastian did so great. Savannah did really well too being only 5 weeks out of surgery. Even the hike was longer than I would have liked, it was so pretty. I love the kind of hikes where there are creek beds with rocks all the way up. It is just really pretty. We headed back to the campground and had a big fire with everyone. Lots of s'mores. The next day we packed up and headed home. With a stop at Red Lobster - YUM! Both Laurie and Crystal were anxious to ask me if I had a good time. I had joked at the very beginning of the trip - that I was going to return my tent. I assured them that I would be keeping the tent and would go camping again.

Jennifer "found" this snake on our hike. She actually walked up and accidentally put her hand on it while she was looking ahead at the water! YUCK!

The waterfall!

Tim II on some really pretty rocks.

S'mores! YUMMY!

Derek and Sebastian

Tim II, Karen, Jennifer and Crystal

Playing at the lake.
Derek, Kameron and Sebastian.
He had a goofy wave.
My personal camping chef.
Boys will be boys. (Shhh... don't tell Laurie Kameron was playing with the fire!)

No comments: